Saturday, April 22, 2006

On your marks...get set...go!


How many times I've heard that (title of post) boomed into the mike during school races and events. And now am embarking on another adventure in life.

Finally at the starting line....of blogging.... Flag Off! :-)
This is one journey or run that I'm totally looking forward to and hope there isn't a finishing line.

Of late, a lot of blogs I've been reading have one refrain.....'i'm getting out of blogging'. Ab yeh kya baat hui? Is it some phase.....agreed, we go through all kinds of phases in life and a blog helps you to record atleast some part of it. I take my hat off to dedicated bloggers who have stuck around through the years. Very impressive track record indeed.

Perseverance is a virtue I probably lack, based on some past experiences. But somehow I now feel determined to overcome a lot of what I consider to be some of my despicable personality traits...procrastination, laziness, and getting my butt out of comfort zones I frequently find myself in. Keeping fingers crossed that blogging will help in this endeavour.

4 comments:

Just Jane said...

#Confused,
//Just dont take it too seriously!//
Now that is probably the best advice I've heard in a long time
:-) Thanks! I'm aware of 'non-free' hosting sites like Wordpress, in fact, I almost started my blog there, have read plenty of praises about the site. Welcome to Shades, Hues and Tints :-)

Unknown said...

Hey *Chosen One*...

I dunno your name yet :p

Btw.. Nice title for your blog.. Shades, Hues & Tints..

Anyways.. I agree with you.. phases of life! Recently I've found myself too addicted to this blog world as well.. My own personal one is yet to be starter though! All I can say is..

Welcome to the Blog world.. hope you manage to keep it up to date or in your words... hope it never has a finishing line :-)

Take care,
Aarti

Just Jane said...

#Hi Aarthi (presuming that is your name :-)),
Thanks for coming by. I like the blog title too, and hope to stick around too!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »