Monday, October 09, 2006

Notes to Myself

Common sense reminders that I need to practise:

1. Stop thinking too much!! Especially on trivial matters such as blog identity! How does it matter as long as the point is to b-l-o-g?? Why does the location/presentation et al have to play as important a role than the writing itself?

2. Need to F-O-C-U-S on priorities here. Else, it will only work like the wave of a magician’s wand ending in hocus-pocus!

3. Stop being so paranoid! Have been feeling like a hound(ed) dog lately. If only it was Elvis the Pelvis doing the hounding ;)

4. I thought a plain and simple name would be common, but I made the mistake of adding a clever twist. It turned out to be unique and got me right back in the spotlight again x-(

5. Take multiple opinions, you never know which one helps lead you to the light at the end of the dark tunnel. Brings clarity and objectivity.

6. Learn to simplify. This is one reminder/new year resolution I have been making and breaking with amazing consistency. It boggles the mind how I can take a seemingly simple issue and complicate it till kingdom come.

7. You can run, but you can't hide! The more I keep changing my tracks, the more the scent of the trail continues to chase and discover me!

8. Learn to let go. I'm all tied up in knots. Can't cut loose from strings of any sort...

I need help! Is there a "blogiatrist" around with a comfy cyber couch I can take a much needed rest on? :D

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need help! Is there a "blogiatrist" around with a comfy cyber couch I can take a much needed rest on? :D

come to me baby. tell me all about it.

Unknown said...

Jane!!!

Most of them match mine :|
I think we need to take life easy on the wrong places... hmmmm, the wise RT speaks :P

Chodo yaar! Yeh sab mere bas ki baat nahi hai.. Life is an ice-cream, Enjoy it before it melts :)

Take care,
Aarti

Unknown said...

Please to be cutting the "need to" from above comment! Wanted to write something else, ended up writing something else :P

Its ok Jane, you know I've barely slept so ho jaata hai :P

Take care,
Aarti

Harsha said...

Btw, how many blogs do you have? And which one do you mostly blog on? I am totally confused here :)

Unknown said...

This is your 5th identity/blog change? and u r asking y do I have 3 blogs! haha... well.. u know the answer now dont' ya?

well... those pics on my blog were taken on the way 2 Harihareshwar, 200 kms south-west of Pune. That exact spot is about 100 kms west of Pune!

I think u certainly need a break!

Anonymous said...

your url names rock.

keep them changing more often.

about gyan- there no point discussing the plan. change, if you want to; it is that easy.

(never worked in my case though, but neither did anything else.)

Anonymous said...

//You can run, but you can't hide!

heheheh, you moved yet again! And I thought, what so soon with no change of address notification?:D

Shouts of Nothingness said...

#Janitor,
Looking for a couch to lie down on and rest, not to chit-chat! :D

#R "sleepless in cyberspace" T,
Chocolate icecream ho jaye? :D

#Harsha,
I know, I know, even I'm confused! This is where I blog, only the url's keep a-changin' :D

But this might be another temporary phase...stay tuned ;)

#Kautilya,
Only the 3rd blog url and title and 2nd identity :D

Your holiday spot recommendation looks ideal for my break...sigh...!

#SG,
I'm coming... ;)

#Anon,
Thanks for the compliment :D

I agree with your simple yet profound philosophy, and yeah, nothing seems to work for me either :D

#Duhita,
Hey there, welcome back! How did you find me yaar??

Unknown said...

Yummmm,

Chocolate ice-cream?? I don't mind but with some nuts in b/w.. So kindly make it choco-chips! Will sure treat you with it once your here (pssst.. that was some rishwat :P)

DON'T LAUGH! :P:P:P

Take care,
Aarti

Anonymous said...

:) Aaaahhh, a lil blog hopping from comments section:D Don't worry I wont tell a soul....my lips are sealed.....but next time you jump na, let me know k...hehehe

Basanti said...

Hehehehe.. If only people would use these tips! :-)

Learn to let go. I'm all tied up in knots. Can't cut loose from strings of any sort...

applies everywhere! :-) And yes, at times, its easier to let go! :-)

qsg said...

I think I know the janitor who was here! I am pretty sure I do! :)

You got me babe... say what you have to! ;)

Shouts of Nothingness said...

#Aarti,
That flavor is my fave too :-)

#Duhita,
And you are reachable at...? Pls leave notification, thank you :-)

#SG,
Patience is a virtue, my dear :-)

#Basanti,
I'm sure it is, but how? THAT is the question!

#QSG,
Ahem...what's with the inside jokes going on in here, I say?! :P