Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just Call Me...

Calamity Jane.

Have turned into an
accident prone person. In earlier years accidents only meant falling for the wrong kinda guys, but now its the real thing. Lucky me. People seem to be telling me in their head to 'break a leg'. I promptly go and do it. Every one and a half years I'm breaking a limb. Whom do I pass the buck to or lay the blame on? The workplace seems an easy target.

Can easily go on a never ending rant abt the furniture, the A/C control, the facilities and amenities, the people, the pay, the allowances etc. and/or the lack of all the above, but let me spare you. I go over it everyday in my mind and have been telling myself I need a break. Guess what. My wish came true. I broke a wrist. So much for being a workaholic and not even medical insurance to show for it. Ek ke baad ek my body parts are falling apart.

Now I can't play my fave games on the 'puter, using the TV remote (my other fave activity) hurts, even squeezing toothpaste outta the tube is an ordeal.

Like the fave sticker in my room eons ago that said -- 'Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most'.

The buck stops here. It is my messed up mind that has allowed my current state of affairs to occur.


When will I wake up and smell the coffee?

For now, I can barely hold the cup.

13 comments:

async said...

This was a welcome break. The break from your self-imposed silence,not your wrist:P
On a serious note, get well soon dear!! Am sure this recovery periond will inspire many more posts. Thanks to the attention(wanted and unwanted) you will get.:)

Just Jane said...

thanks async :) i woke up this morn with another post in my head, so you're right about when inspiration strikes ;)

Unknown said...

okay. i am all for updating and all but not with the broken wrist. please stay away from computer. and please stop beating yourself up, you are already battered! :)

Take care. don't treat it lightly. again and again i am telling because i have seen foolishness abound. you have also inspired another rant in me actually.

shub said...

err...whilst smelling the coffee don't burn your nose! :P
take care and give the wrist some rest! :)

shub said...

oh I just figured...I have been to your blog before..read the last trekking-wala post some time back!

ferret said...

take care of the wrist. i m so touched, you typed me all those comments with the broken wrist!! :) DON'T DO THAT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness, u finally updated!

moody crab said...

thanks for leaving your comment :)

who's stopping u from smelling the coffee? :P have the pills u've been taking for that broken wrist played havoc with your olfaction? :D

on a serious note, get well soon :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm
first TAKE SOME REST !!
What are you trying to do to yourself!!

Secondly, I dont mind calling you calamity Jane but I like maa better :P
Take care dear. I know how nasty the wrist can get. So dont take it lighly.
Hugs


@ TGFI
"you have also inspired another rant in me actually."
so now you need excuses to rant. What is the world coming to if our TGFI needs inspiration to rant!!

:D

Just Jane said...

#TGFI,
//and please stop beating yourself up, you are already battered! :)// This line is gonna stay with me for a very long time. Thank you.

#Shub,
Good to see you here! I really like your blog a lot :-)

#Farhad,
You are a sweetie :-)

#CC,
Yes, dear, I did :-)

#Moody Crab,
Hi, and thanks! :-)

#Beti,
Scolding me like YOU'RE my amma! :-) Tumhari ye majhaal! Hehehe :P Thank you for the concern, daughter :-)

Anonymous said...

Aaahh..!!! That sounds sad... m sure soon things will be fine... Phuleezz take care next time..

Ann Dee said...

1. It was nice to know another Garfield-infatuate :)
2. Stay safe girl!

Cheers,

N. D.

Just Jane said...

#Clothes for newborn & Ann Dee,
Thank you for the good wishes. That happened a year ago...how did you guys land on this blog now??