Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Paaoos! Pitter Patter & Peter

That pretty much sums up this glorious night. As well as being a fabulous, fresh return to writing after eeeons (Inglees is a phunny lengvage, no?).

Baarish aur mitti ki taazi khushboo. Automatically break into rashtriya bhaasha when inspired or in a good mood.

It starts pouring suddenly without warning and you feel like singing and dancing like they do in Marathi movies. Then its like the rain suddenly remembers its falling in Amma's singara land and falls intermittently, gradually petering out like it never happened.

Its been too long and too many years of watching the rain fall outside my window. And only staring into and at too many Windows.

Miss the rain gear.  Loved my raincoat during school years--a bright cheery pattern on lemon yellow. Plastic sandals from Bata. Ah, those were the wonder years indeed.

5 comments:

Ni said...

It was raining yesterday and it got me thinking about the days I would sip lemon tea in the window and not budge for hours, and that got me thinking about blogging about rains and that got me thinking about you AND today I see your comment and post, after all this time.

That my dear is baap of all coincidences :P

PS: woh beti jiska ek beta hai, uski ek beti bhi hai. :D

Ni said...

It was soooo nice to see you here. Seriously!

ferret said...

it's been raining coincidence too apparently :)

ferret said...

*coincidences

Just Jane said...

Wow!! So good to see you two here, ole mateys :) Truly a coincidence indeed :)

@Ni....HEARTY CONGRATS!!! All my grandmotherly love to my granddaughter !! :)