Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Onamae o shiete kudasaimasen ka?

Roughly translated it means "Would you not do me the favor of teaching me your name?" That is a very polite phrase in Japanese while asking someone their name.

And so, the hangover continues...!!

This one is actually an email forward, but it felt so close to my blog's present state of mind, that I had to put it up here while I sip my sake. So here goes...

What is your Japanese name? Take each letter of your name and substitute it with the Japanese sound to the right of the letter. Names might be kinda long.

A- ka * B- tu * C- mi * D- te * E- ku * F- lu * G- ji
H- ri * I- ki * J- zu * K- me * L- ta * M- rin *
N- to O-mo * P- no * Q- ke * R- shi * S- ari * T-chi U- do *
V- ru * W-mei * X- na * Y- fu * Z- zi

Mine is Aridorinkichika.

Atleast I'm some chica :-) Its even got 'dorin' in it...fairly apt in some ways me thinks (think Doreen from Finding Nemo :-)) Now if only I can get that name in Japanese script and I'll be on my way. Errr...where? To-kyo(to) bound, I say! And wearing a Tshirt with my name on it.

Sayonara!

14 comments:

qsg said...

Okay, I tried to decipher your name, but between being distracted and patience running out, I am not there yet...will get there...sooon!

qsg said...

Okay, I know your name now! :-D and more than ever I am sure you are my lost twin because both our names start with the same letter! :)

R said...

My name..
Shi-mo-ri-ki-chi

Shimorikichi
Eew.

R said...

And, err, I think I know your name too! Only if what I did there...was correct. :D

Just Jane said...

#qs.gemini,
Bhanda phoot gaya!! LOL...And yes, let's toast to our new found common ancestry *clink* :-)
p.s...what is YOUR Jap name? :P

#Rohit a.k.a. Shimorikichi,
Sounds like some exotic Jap dish :-)

ritzkini said...

you really shld do something abt this jap fetish,you have !
:D
maybe 'hit' on a 'hero'...hirohito..
:D

Just Jane said...

#ritzkini,
abbe kini ke bachche...udipi highway hotel ke hero...oman mein tera bheja itna fry ho gaya ki pooch mat! wahaan baithke kadi jokes mar raha hai...tu india waapas aa, phir dekh :P

Kusum Rohra said...

hey mine is medoaridorin ... sounds like some fish to me :P

qsg said...

All i can say is my name has amerika in it! :)

Just Jane said...

#Kusum,
Fish reminds me...i just got a dvd today with Shark Tale in it! Alongwith other toon flicks like Ice Age, Garfield etc...wanna come over to watch? :-)

#Miss Amerika,
Hmmmm.......have always been a closet detective...this is a case that needs to be solved ;-D

Sayesha said...

Aree dori kheenche ka? HAHAHAAH! :D

Just Jane said...

#Sayesha,
LOL! Nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn.....:-))

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Elidel eczema control bed mattress boynton beach fl

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »