Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Diwali ! :-)

My favourite firecrackers are phooljadi and anaar....sparklers and fountains. Love 'em :D Enjoy the Festival of Lights everybody, and have a joyous and wondrous New Year!



On another note:  "May you remember that some people's lives are parched dry...and be grateful for the abundance in yours. If you can, please light up just one life - that of a stanger this Diwali. Wish you all a very happy & prosperous year ahead. Lots of love & good wishes! Happy Diwali :-)" - copied from a friend's status msg.

6 comments:

KD. K Bodhi said...

Ya ya.

V said...

May you remember that some people are suffering on Diwali because they cannot light up any fireworks or have good food at home. You should send gifts to these people. You can send them to me and I'll distribute them.

Just Jane said...

@Bodhi, nyah nyah right back at ya, you indian scrooge.

@V, lighting fireworks might get you arrested...but don't you get invited to your local indian diwali do for dinner atleast? Clearly they don't wish to be socially embarassed by a drunk.

V said...

They invite me but I choose not to attend because the conversations only involve Hindi TV shows/salaries/recipes/websites to view Hindi movies.

When did Diwali turn into a sober fest? Clearly, I missed that memo.

Strangely, I found out later that fireworks were allowed at a enclosed center.

Unknown said...

Yo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Happpy Diwali...........

Wopppie!!!!!!!!

Pallavi said...

I was just happy with lights.. nowadays.. I dont burst crackers.. I also feel happy when I see all the houses light up.. :)

I am sure you had a good time..