Monday, October 12, 2009

Trumpeting JGW! - Day 7

3rd October, Day 7

My day began beautifully. I checked my inbox to find an email from my cousins who were so inspired by my JGW essay that they promptly made out a very generous donation of Rs.12,000 to Give India. In the spirit of JGW, they also sent a cheque of USD 200 to our common guru, Nithya Shanti, who has inspired us to be joyful and live life to the fullest :-) Tears flowed from my eyes out of sheer happiness. I had never expected that a simple essay/blogpost would actually move someone to perform an act of such noble kindness.

Yet another surprise awaited me in another email inbox! This time it was an online pal who emailed saying that after reading the same essay, had also logged onto the Give India site and made a hefty donation towards the Integrated Sponsorship Program for a Child for a Year! And also bought a pile load of Tshirts from Inkfruit! :-) This golden hearted pal is also sponsoring a girl child through CRY and does a lot of other noble deeds as well.

I was deeply touched that both of the above people chose to share their acts of giving with me and ironically, both swore me to secrecy to keep their info private!! Hehe, truly noble hearted people. I'm glad and proud to know them and share with them this whole giving experience :-) Thank you guys!

As for my own 7D7G task completion, Day 6 happened to be the birthday of a friend's daughter (also a friend) and I had kept aside a pair of earrings to gift her. Its been days since and I've yet to meet her, so that plan flopped too :-(

My last act for the day and JGW constituted signing a petition to save elephants from being cruelly captured and forced to work in circuses in inhumane conditions and against animal protection laws. PETA India had sent me this letter and petition to sign, which will be forwarded to the Minister for Environment. I also enclosed a cheque for Rs.5000 to PETA to fund their activities towards the same cause.

Flora and fauna are very dear to me and environmental and animal protection and sustenance is a cause very close to my heart. The work done by Beauty Without Cruelty, People For Animals, and PETA is marvellous and totally worth supporting. I'm honored to be associated with them as a member.

29 comments:

V said...

I knew a girl who worked for PETA. One day over coffee, her inspiring talk motivated me to work toward a good cause. I paid attention to every word she said.

And of course, she was really hot.

ferret said...

Loved reading your whole 7D7G experience. You might also like kiva.org (if you haven't already heard of them)

Just Jane said...

@V, did you at least manage to get her number?

@Ferret, heyyyy fancy seeing you here, stranger! :)I haven't heard of kiva, will check it out, thanks :-)

KD. K Bodhi said...

While you are at it why don't you do something for the destitute in my name. I mean so that all the good deeds are chalked up in my name.

Just Jane said...

@Bodhi, helping the destitute crown goes to one gentleman in Madurai who quit his job and now cooks food for the destitute, goes around his town looking for them, and then actually feeds them himself! You and I are nowhere near, forget in the picture, buddy.

moody crab said...

It was really nice see the way the joy of giving week was celebrated this year in Bangalore (don't know about other cities). And double thumbs up to you for doing your bit. :)

Just Jane said...

@Moody Crab, wow, that's good to know. Can you share details on what B'lore did exactly? And thanks :)

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online valium 10mg uk - effects of valium addiction

Anonymous said...

zolpidem drug generic version ambien cr - ambien withdrawal twitching

Anonymous said...

ambien buy ambien side effects driving - target pharmacy ambien

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax overdose long term effects - xanax withdrawal symptoms tremors

Anonymous said...

ativan anxiety ativan recreational use - ativan side effects/ringing in the ears

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online no prescription generic pills for xanax pictures - xanax side effects sleep

Anonymous said...

xanax 0.5mg xanax generic pink - xanax side effects euphoria

Anonymous said...

order alprazolam how much xanax and alcohol does it take to overdose - xanax zantac

Anonymous said...

xanax depression blue round xanax mg - xanax .5 get you high

Anonymous said...

cheap lorazepam ativan risks side effects - ativan generic dosage

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan uses alcohol withdrawal - ativan withdrawal vomiting

Anonymous said...

ativan online pharmacy ativan 4mg a day - how to buy lorazepam online

Anonymous said...

diazepam overdose diazepam side effects 5 mg - diazepam withdrawal ashton

Anonymous said...

alprazolam price xanax side effects withdrawal - xanax 1mg street price

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online no rx order ambien with mastercard - ambien sleep trip lil wayne passion pit

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online zolpidem same ambien cr - cost of generic ambien at walmart

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online does ambien test drug test - makers generic ambien

Anonymous said...

order soma buy soma tea - deadly soma online movie

Anonymous said...

buy valium online buy valium online overnight delivery uk - will 10mg valium do anything

Anonymous said...

valium diazepam valium purchase no prescription - valium urine test

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol online soma medication wikipedia - soma drug.com

Anonymous said...

ambien online ambien cr dosage strengths - ambien rx sleeping pill